I wrote this tutorial myself, any similarities to other tutorials is purely coincidence!
This tutorial is for a forum set and is written to meet the size limits for The Zone Groups
A scrap kit of choice(The scrap kit I used is Hello Beautiful by DMK Designs. It is a Pay to use kit you can find it along with many other beautiful kits at her site, HERE.
Thank you Danielle!)
A tube of choice
(I used the art of Keith Garvey, you can purchase his art at My PSP Tubes )
Font of Choice, I used Magneto
This tutorial is written for those who have a working knowledge of PSP..
1. Open your supplies, minimize for now.
2. Open a new image 600 width by 250 height pixels transparent.
3. Copy & paste your first paper as a new layer.
4. Copy & paste your rectangle frame as a new layer, resize as needed and rotate 90 degrees; use your deformation tool to stretch it to fit nicely as a frame.
5. Apply a drop shadow of your choosing.
6. Copy and paste a journal tag from your kit, resize as needed; move to the right of your image & duplicate~image~mirror, merge down these two layers and apply the same drop shadow as above.
7. Copy & paste a circle frame from your kit, magic wand, select inside your circle frame, selections~modify~expand by 5.
8. Copy & paste another paper from your kit, selections~invert, hit delete on your keyboard; drop below your frame layer.
9. Copy & paste your tube as a new layer, position inside your circle frame & hit delete on your keyboard; select none.
10. Apply a drop shadow to your circle frame, and tube layers; merge your circle frame, tube, and paper layer visible, and move to the center of your image.
11. Copy and paste any elements you choose and position them where you would like; apply a drop shadow.
12. Select 2 colors from your tube & go to image~add borders; apply a border with your darker color 1 pixel, repeat apply a border with your lighter color 1 pixel, repeat the border 1 more time with your darker color.
13. Resize to max height of 250 pixels, adjust~sharpen.
14. Add a new raster layer, add your watermark, copyright, and any applicable licensing information.
15. Add your name; apply a drop shadow.
Save as a .jpeg
Now to make the matching avatar
1. Open a new image 150 x 150.
2. Copy & paste a paper from your kit.
3. Copy & paste your tube as a new layer; position so that the face of your tube shows clearly in your image, apply a drop shadow.
Image add border; and ad the same 3 borders you did for your tag.
4. Resize to 150 x 150 pixels.
5. Add a new raster layer, add your copyright, and any applicable licensing information, Apply a gradient glow to your copyright if needed to make it show up well.
Save as a jpeg.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, thanks for trying it out..